The UC Davis Travel Medicine program would like to provide you no-cost vaccines and other pre-travel services before your upcoming international trip. All of these services are offered on the Davis campus at no cost to you, your grant or your department.
NO-COST SERVICES AVAILABLE:
- Personalized travel report with immunization recommendations, medical and country-specific concerns, and emergency contact information.
- Physician evaluation to determine pre-trip health and medical plan.
- On-campus pharmacy for vaccine medications.
SCHEDULE A TRAVEL EXAM
Call Occupational Health at (530) 752-6051.
More information can be found here: safetyservices.ucdavis.edu/article/travel-program
Travelers are encouraged to sign up for iJet® Travel Intelligence® so that emergency response services can be deployed to the traveler throughout the world at a moment’s notice.
2017 Research Expo
We would like to invite you to the 2017 Research Expo, hosted by the Office of Research. This event brings together the wide range of resources available across the campus to help you advance your research and build strong collaborative networks.
Whether you want to secure new funding opportunities, enhance the impact of your research, or explore how to translate discoveries into products, you will find guidance on each plus much more.
Who should attend: Faculty, post docs, staff and students involved in research
Schedule of Events:
- Welcome by Cameron Carter
- Interim Vice Chancellor for Research
- Trends and Opportunities in Scholarly Publishing
- A panel discussion including publishing representatives, journal editors and UC Davis faculty
12:30-2:00 Exhibits Open (lunch provided)
2:00-3:00 Workshops (space limited, so sign up now)
- Best Practices for Publishing in Journals
- Updates and Trends in Federal Regulation of Research
- Science Communication & Informal Education: Partnering with the Exploratorium for Strategic Impact
When: Tuesday, April 18, 2017
Where: Activities & Recreation Center (ARC), UC Davis
For more information and to register for the event, please visit orexpo2017.eventbrite.com.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.
Announcement of the Third International Conference on Vietnamese Studies
The University of Social Sciences and Humanities (USSH), Ho Chi Minh City National University (VNU) will be hosting the 3rd international conference on Vietnamese Studiesin August, 2017.
1. Goals & Objectives:
The conference aims at providing an opportunity for researchers and teachers to present their research results; share their experiences in the field of Vietnamese Studies with other scholars in the world. Another aim of the conference is to encourage discussion among professionals with the view to promote collaboration in researching and teaching of Vietnamese language and Vietnamese Studies at institutions in the country and around the world.
The exchange of different ideas and opinions between researchers and experts will contribute to the development of the teaching and studying in the field of Vietnamese, following the direction of speciality and interdisciplinary, and contribute to build the “bridge” between Vietnam and the world.
2. Major Themes:
The conference will focus on the following themes:
2.1. Vietnamese linguistics and literature:
2.1.1. Issues of teaching Vietnamese as a foreign language (teaching methodology, language proficiency assessment, etc).
2.1.2. Issues of Vietnamese syntactic structures; preserving the purity and clarity of Vietnamese language; toponymy; dialects and the history of Vietnamese language; teaching Vietnamese for Vietnamese communities overseas and minority ethnic groups in Vietnam
2.1.3. Issues of contrastive studies of Vietnamese and other languages.
2.1.4. Issues of teaching and studying of Vietnamese Literature.
2.2. Vietnam history, cultures, society and economy:
2.2.1. Issues related to the history, culture, economy, people, and religions of Vietnam from tradition to contemporary, especially the issues of global integration.
2.2.2. Issues related to the teaching of Vietnamese Studies (organising procedures, curriculum, etc) and researching of Vietnamese Studies from the interdisciplinary perspective.
2.3. New approaches and topics of Vietnamese Studies in the context of global integration.
2.4. Research methodologies and approaches in Vietnamese Studies: interdisciplinarity and transdisciplinarity
3.1. Host: Faculty of Vietnamese Studies, University of Social Sciences and Humanities, HCMC National University (USSH, VNU).
3.2. Co-host: Office of Research and Projects Management, University of Social Sciences and Humanities, HCMC National University of Vietnam.
3.3. Invitees: Researchers and educators in the field of Vietnamese Studies.
4. Time & Venue:
- Time: 2nd August, 2017 – 4th August, 2017 (tentative)
- Venue (tentative): Binh Chau, Ba Ria–Vung Tau, Vietnam (http://saigonbinhchau.com);
5. Schedule & Deadlines:
- Deadline for article submission: 1st June, 2017
- Editing & printing of the conference proceedings: 1st May - 1st July, 2017.
6. Guidelines for Conference Articles:
- Articles should be written in Vietnamese or English and should not exceed 5,000 words (the format: Unicode - Times New Roman, font size 12).
- Author’s information must be included (name and title, interests of research (optional), name of institution, postal address, phone number, email address)
- Filling the form on https://goo.gl/forms/bukGUYu4Ium3NmT22
- Deadline for article submission: 1st June, 2017.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Registration Fee (tentative):
USD150/pax (including accommodation, transportation and participating fee)
- All conference information of the conference will be updated on the website: http://www.vns.edu.vn
- Any inquiries, please call (84-8) 38225009 (Ms. Ân Phước)
- or email email@example.com
Vietnamese Studies: the Issues of Methodology and Practicality
1. AUGUST 2, 2017 (WEDNESDAY)
- 6:00: Picking up attendants at the University of Social Sciences and Humanities,10-12 Dinh Tien Hoang Street, District 1, HCM City).
Breakfast at the Lộc Phát restaurant on the way to Binh Chau.
- 11:30: Lunch at Phụng Các restaurant; receiving conference documents.
- 12:30: Check-in at Bình Châu hotel (Sài Gòn - Hồ Cóc resort), private time.
- 18:30: Welcome party at the restaurant of Sài Gòn - Hồ Cóc resort.
2. AUGUST 3, 2017 (THURSDAY)
- 06:45: Breakfast at the Phụng Các restaurant
Opening Session (Hall Đông Vu)
- 08:00: Welcome delegates
- 08:15: Opening speech of Prof. Dr. Võ Văn Sen, President of USSH, VNU-HCM
- 08:30: Presentation 1
- 08:45: Presentation 2
- 09:00: Discussing
- 09:30: Tea break.
Discussing in the Session 1 & 2
Session 1: Issues of Vietnamese Linguistics (Đông Vu Hall)
Session 2: Issues of Vietnamese Studies (Tây Vu Hall)
- 10:00: Presentation and Discussing in the Session 1 & 2
- 12:00: Lunch at the Phụng Các restaurant.
- 14:00: Presentation and Discussing in the Session 1 & 2
- 15:30: Tea break
- 16:00: Presentation and Discussing in the Session 1 & 2
- 17:00: Summarizing Statement (Đông Vu Hall)17:30: Private time1730: Private Time
- Summarizing Statement of Session 1 (17:00)
- Summarizing Statement of Session 2 (17:10)
- Closing speech of Conference Organizing Committee (17:20)
- 1730: Private Time
- 18:30: Party at the restaurant of Sài Gòn - Hồ Cóc resort.
3. AUGUST 4, 2017 (FRIDAY)
- 7:00: Breakfast at Phụng Các restaurant.
- 8:00: Private time, or using (free) the services of the Binh Chau hot spring: depart (by bus) at 8:00 AM and return at 10: 30 AM)
- 11:30 : Lunch at Phụng Các restaurant
- 13:00: Check out; departing to HCM city; visiting Thường Chiếu Monastery on the way to HCM city
- 17:00: Arriving at University of Social Sciences and Humanities, 10-12 Dinh Tien Hoang Street, District 1, HCM city.