Stimulating Regional Interactions and Connections
Stimulating interactions and building stronger regional conversations among UC Davis faculty working in the same region of the world, the Global Affairs Grants for Regional Faculty Groups engage faculty from a wide range of disciplines, who share knowledge and interests in advancing regional collaborations here at UC Davis and abroad.
Funding brings together our UC Davis faculty who are working in the same region, through networking events, joint meals, speaker series, or other similar events on campus. Funding is for events to be held at or near UC Davis, not abroad.
About Grants for Regional Faculty Groups
UC Davis Academic Senate faculty members and Academic Federation members with PI status, from any UC Davis location, are eligible to apply.
Multiple proposals from each region as identified below are allowed; however, only one proposal from each of these identified regions will be awarded. Preference will be given to faculty proposals within each region that explore joint initiatives and collaborative projects.
Funding from Global Affairs will be up to $5,000 per selected proposal. The regions and the corresponding email list addresses that can be used to facilitate discussion are:
- Sub-Saharan Africa (email@example.com)
- Asia and the Pacific (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Europe (email@example.com)
- Latin America and the Caribbean (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Middle East and North Africa (email@example.com)
- Oceana and the Polar Regions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
To contact members of the group, send an email to the moderated email list. To be added to any group, please contact Elizabeth Langridge-Noti, director of faculty engagement in Global Affairs, at email@example.com.
Proposed activities should take place between March 2019 - March 2020.
Please use this budget worksheet (.xlsx) as you develop your budget. The budget can include the following categories and must be accompanied by a budget narrative:
- Personnel (salaries, speakers)
- Travel and Entertainment (facility rentals, food, transportation)
- Materials and Supplies
- Misc. Services (conference fees, honoraria, computer services, etc.)
Please note: The budget is not subject to indirect costs.
Proposals should include these elements:
- Proposal cover sheet including a one paragraph abstract of the proposed project/collaboration (150 word maximum). (1 page)
- A description of the proposed project, including proposed activities, project timetable, expected tangible outcomes, etc. (3 pages)
- Detailed budget and budget narrative. Please see the budget worksheet (.xlsx) for details regarding expenditures. (2 pages)
The 2018-19 Call for Proposals is Now Closed. The 2019-20 Call for Proposals Will Open in Fall 2019.
Grant awardees will be announced at the International Connections Reception in Spring 2020.
Global Affairs encourages applications for proposals that:
- Foster interdisciplinary interaction between UC Davis faculty working in the same region
- Involve graduate and/or undergraduate students
- Advance existing and/or builds new partnerships with domestic or institutions abroad focused on a particular region
- Offer a promise for a long-term new programmatic initiative
- Involve several faculty members as sponsors
Grant recipients will be expected to submit a final report at the end of the award period, which includes information about the project’s accomplishments and future plans, and requests information about how the funds were expended.