Congratulations to our 2016-2017 Regional Faculty Grant Recipients!
UC Davis Around the World: Grants for Regional Faculty Groups
Global Affairs announces its Grants for Regional Faculty Groups. The main goal of the regional faculty group grants is to stimulate interdisciplinary interactions and build stronger regional conversations among the faculty working in the same region of the world. The aim of the small grant program is to engage faculty from a wide range of disciplines, who share knowledge and interests in advancing regional and multi-disciplinary collaborations here at UC Davis and abroad. Funding requests should bring together our UC Davis faculty who are working in the same region, perhaps through a networking event, joint meal(s), speaker series, or other similar event on campus.
UC Davis Academic Senate faculty members and Academic Federation faculty with PI status are eligible to apply. All UC Davis locations are eligible. Multiple proposals from each region are allowed; however, only one proposal from each of the five regional groups will be awarded funding. Therefore, we encourage faculty within each regional group to explore joint initiatives and collaborative proposals.
Funding from Global Affairs will be $5,000 per selected proposal. The regional groups are as follows:
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- Asia and the Pacific
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Middle East and North Africa
Timeline of funding
Academic Year 2017 - 2018
Please use the Excel budget worksheet as you develop your budget. The budget can include the following categories and must be accompanied by a budget narrative:
- Personnel (speakers’ honoraria, hourly support)
- Travel and Entertainment (facility rentals, food, transportation)
- Materials and Supplies
- Misc. Services (computer services, etc.)
Note: The budget is not subject to indirect costs.
Proposals should include these elements:
- Proposal cover sheet including a one paragraph abstract of the proposed project/collaboration (150 word maximum). (1 page)
- A description of the proposed project, including proposed activities, project timetable, expected tangible outcomes, etc. (3 pages)
- Detailed budget and budget narrative. Please see the Excel budget worksheet for details regarding expenditures. (2 pages)
Submit your proposal in PDF form to: Jennie Konsella-Norene, email@example.com
February 15, 2017
Grant Recipients will be announced at the International Connections Reception on February 27, 2017.
Global Affairs encourages applications for proposals that:
- Fosters interdisciplinary interaction between UC Davis faculty working in the same region
- Involves graduate and/or undergraduate students
- Advances existing and/or builds new partnerships with domestic or institutions abroad focused on a particular region
- Offers a promise for a long-term new programmatic initiative
- Involves several faculty members as sponsors
Grant recipients will be expected to submit a final report at the end of the award period. The final report form includes information about the project’s accomplishments and future plans. It also requests information about how the funds were expended.
Further information and inquiries
Questions about the program can be directed to:
Director of Sponsored Programs and Special Projects
(530) 752-5678, firstname.lastname@example.org
International Funding Analyst
(530) 754-9403, email@example.com