Innovation within Changing Political and Research Environments
Given the rapidly changing environments within which international research is conducted, new strategies and practices—ones that are collaborative, transnational, interdisciplinary, provide new knowledge and address global challenges—are more critical than ever.
This two-day International Research Conference at UC Davis, which will be held on September 17-18, 2018 and is hosted by Global Affairs, combines plenary sessions, small breakout sessions, "TED-style" talks, poster presentations by graduate students, discussions with funding agencies, industry, and community organizations, and opportunities for networking across disciplines and borders.
The 2018 International Research Conference at UC Davis focuses on:
- Changing political environment and its impact on international research
- Increasing importance of networks and consortia in advancing international research
- Role of interdisciplinary or transdisciplinary research in solving global challenges
- Educating the next generation of international researchers
Major outcomes of the 2018 International Research Conference at UC Davis will be both the recognition of and the practical knowledge of how to:
- Absorb the new political and financial realities shaping the international research agenda;
- Develop and sustain networks, consortia, and other forms of collaborative mechanisms to conduct international research;
- Engage in inclusive and interdisciplinary or transdisciplinary approaches;
- Educate the next generation of scientists conducting international research; and
- Increase collaboration across organizations and partners.