Travel Registration and Insurance Information
Per University of California policy, out-of-state and international travel on university business must be registered. Trip registration takes less than a minute and affords UC Davis travelers a number of benefits including:
- Customized, location-specific alerts to mitigate disruption to travel plans
- Access to valuable travel insurance and emergency contact information
- Timely assistance, including emergency evacuation, in the event of a crisis
Note: Travel booked via AggieTravel/Connexxus is automatically registered and a separate registration is not required. Travel booked outside of AggieTravel/Connexxus must be registered.
Once your trip is registered, you will receive an email from Worldcue® Traveler. All travelers are strongly encouraged to complete their Worldcue® travel profile, to include updating emergency and travel contact information, as well as customizing travel alert settings.
In addition to automatic registration, AggieTravel/Connexxus grants UC Davis travelers access to discounted fares, more flexible booking classes, and a number of other travel perks.
UC Davis employees (and their companions) traveling on university business are covered 24 hours a day, worldwide, for a variety of contingencies. Once your trip is registered, you receive a “Welcome” email that includes access to your insurance card as well as critical emergency contact information.
The University of California’s business travel insurance program offers a number of benefits and services including:
- Emergency evacuation due to medical, natural disaster/weather, political unrest or other incidents
- Accident/illness medical care
- Customized, real-time, location-specific travel alerts and warnings
- Passport replacement, legal referral and translation/interpretation assistance
- Trip delay reimbursement (up to $300/day for five days)
- Personal property loss (up to $5,000)
- Up to 14 days of “Trip Deviation” coverage for personal travel in conjunction with business travel
- Accidental death and dismemberment benefits
- Repatriation of remains
For additional details, see the University of California’s travel insurance policy and the full listing of resources and benefits. The UC Employee Business Travel Insurance Frequently Asked Questions Document may also be a helpful resource.
Travel Insurance Coverage for Personal Travel
UC Davis personnel have the opportunity to purchase insurance coverage for their personal travel at nominal rates. Personal travel coverage includes many of the same benefits and services of the University of California’s business travel insurance policy.
UC Davis travelers with general travel security questions are encouraged to contact Global Affairs at 530-752-9543 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding the university’s travel insurance program, contact UC Davis Risk Management at email@example.com or UC Davis Global Affairs at 530-752-9543.