U21 Network Opportunities at UC Davis
Universitas 21 (U21) empowers students, faculty, and staff from 27 world-class universities to share excellence, collaborate across borders and nurture international knowledge exchange.
“UC Davis is a leader in working across disciplines and borders to solve today’s most pressing challenges related to food, health, the environment and society,” said UC Davis Chancellor Gary S. May. “We welcome the opportunity to collaborate with the U21 network on international research, teaching and service projects, which will open doors for students, faculty and staff and communities around the world.”
UC Davis has more than 150 international partnerships across 45 countries including formal agreements with network member-universities in Australia, Chile, China, Ireland, Japan and New Zealand.
Engaging with Universitas 21 (U21)
As a member university, UC Davis gains new global working relationships, opportunities to participate in educational and research initiatives, and resources for best practices and data.
For UC Davis community members, the network offers opportunities for international study and internships as well as research workshops, research collaboration, and funding. See all the opportunities to get involved.
Universitas 21 (U21) Opportunities
- Search for award, competition, funding, and other opportunities for students
- Search for research opportunities for graduate students, postgraduate researchers and post-doctoral scholars
- Search for networking, professional, and collaborative opportunities for university leadership, administrators, and faculty
- Check out key dates for opportunities and events in 2019
U21/PwC Innovation Challenge
The U21/PwC Innovation Challenge offers professional development and other opportunities for UC Davis graduate students. During the 2018-19 competition, Daniel Student, a Full-Time MBA student in the UC Davis Graduate School of Management, earned runner-up accolades for his submission on social entrepreneurship.
- To learn more or to enter the competition, visit the U21 website
UC Davis Leadership with U21
- Chancellor Gary S. May and Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor Ralph J. Hexter
- U21 Senior Leader
- Vice Provost and Associate Chancellor Joanna Regulska
- U21 Officer
- Assistant Director of Global Professional Programs in Global Affairs Jennie Konsella-Norene
- Educational Innovation Lead
- Vice Provost and Dean of Undergraduate Education Carolyn Thomas
- Research Lead
- Vice Chancellor of Research Prasant Mohapatra
- Student Exchange/Mobility Lead
- Interim Executive Director of the Global Learning Hub in Global Affairs Zachary Frieders
- UN Lead
- Director of Global Engagement in Global Affairs Jolynn Shoemaker
- Health Sciences Lead
- Director of Business Development and International Affiliations at UC Davis Health Tod Stoltz
- Data Lead
- Chief Data Officer Steven Weisler