UC Davis is committed to developing solutions for our most pressing global challenges.
To cultivate a diversity of people, ideas, partnerships and solutions that advance the global good in California and around the world.
We envision a more knowledgeable, resilient, healthy and equitable world.
The Global Strategic Plan expands upon the goals within "To Boldly Go," the UC Davis 10-year strategic plan to guide the university's global efforts.
Goal 1: Teaching and Learning
Provide an education that prepares all of our students to successfully meet the needs, challenges and opportunities of a diverse and interconnected world.
- Eliminate barriers and provide support to ensure that all students (undergraduate, graduate and professional) have access to global learning opportunities.
- Develop accessible systems for organizing and acknowledging global learning achieved by all students.
- Provide support for integrating global learning into academic curricula and co- and extra-curricular programming.
Goal 2: Research
Enable and support research that matters at the frontiers of knowledge, across and between the disciplines, in support of the health of the planet and the physical and societal well-being of its inhabitants.
- Pursue international research activities and enhanced collaborations on urgent problems for local, regional and global communities.
- Support researchers in collaborating across countries, disciplines and communities through both individual and institutional partnerships. Encourage and enable faculty to develop these vital connections throughout their academic careers.
Goal 3: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Embrace diversity, practice inclusive excellence and strive for equity. Make UC Davis a first choice for education and employment by supporting a culture that values the contributions and aspirations of all students, staff and faculty, promotes wellness and cultivates the open interchange of ideas.
- Remove barriers and build bridges so that enriching UC Davis experiences are accessible to a broad profile of students (including but not limited to international, resident transnational, domestic with diverse identities, AB540, DACA and undocumented students).
- Close the opportunity gap for our global community of students by embracing linguistic, cultural and other types of diversity and elevating their successes.
- Establish an institutional culture that embraces our global campus and leverages multiculturalism in teaching, research and service.
Goal 4: Partnerships
Support our community, region, state, nation and world through mutually beneficial and impactful partnerships that reflect a firm commitment to teaching, research and service and increase the visibility and reputation of the university.
- Identify and build platforms, both virtual and in-person, for UC Davis expertise to be at the forefront of relevant dialogues on shared local and global challenges.
- Engage the entire UC Davis community to create opportunities for global research, teaching and learning.
- Tell the UC Davis global story to increase our visibility and reputation and inspire long-term global engagement.
Goal 5: Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Create an intellectual and physical environment that supports the development of an innovative and entrepreneurial culture that extends the benefits of our research, education and outreach activities beyond the boundaries of the university.
- Build partnerships to broaden awareness of global innovation born at UC Davis, expanding opportunities for new ventures and collaborations.
- Create both physical and virtual spaces to nurture interdisciplinary collaborations across teaching, research and service to address global challenges.
- Advance shared local and global goals through innovative initiatives with the surrounding region.