Recognizing Outstanding International Engagement
UC Davis faculty and staff engage with communities throughout the world to find solutions for today's most pressing challenges. Whether through major research projects, collaborations with colleagues abroad, or through promoting global learning, innovative pedagogy, or the facilitation of these activities, UC Davis faculty and staff engage actively and passionately to create positive change.
The Chancellor's Awards for International Engagement recognize individual faculty and staff members for their outstanding international engagement in carrying out the university’s missions of teaching, research, and service.
Any active and full-time faculty (Academic Senate or Academic Federation) or staff member at UC Davis is eligible for nomination, with the exception of those currently working in Global Affairs at UC Davis.
There are two categories of awards:
- faculty (Academic Senate or Academic Federation)
Nominees must have significantly contributed to the internationalization of UC Davis, be a champion of building global connections, and have worked to further the university’s goal of Global Education for All.
A nominee demonstrates substantial contributions in advancing UC Davis’ global engagement in teaching, research and/or service. Contributions may include:
- creating innovative global learning opportunities for students as UC Davis moves towards Global Education for All;
- carrying out cutting-edge research with a global focus and/or in collaboration with colleagues abroad;
- working collectively with the broader community to effect and inspire global engagement and action to address major global challenges.
A nominee demonstrates substantial contributions to advancing UC Davis’ global engagement by working with the UC Davis community (students, faculty, postdoctoral or visiting scholars and/or partners abroad, among others) to foster and facilitate global learning, intercultural understanding, and global engagement. A nominee also demonstrates strong support for the campus goal of Global Education for All, and their service should serve as an inspiration to colleagues and the community.
Awardees receive a one-time stipend of $1,500.
The call for nominations is announced by the Vice Provost and Associate Chancellor of Global Affairs once a year. Any full-time faculty or staff may select one individual for nomination and submit for consideration.
The members of the selection committee, composed of UC Davis faculty and staff, will review all nominees and make the final decision regarding award selections.
- Cover page (to include name of nominator, nominator’s contact information, name of nominee, nominee’s contact information)
- Nominee’s resume (up to five pages) highlighting how international activities have benefited UC Davis and global community.
- Letters of recommendation (up to three)
- Statement of justification/description of nomination (one page)
Please submit all nominating materials as a single PDF file to Elizabeth Langridge-Noti, director of faculty engagement in Global Affairs, at email@example.com by January 15, 2020.
The award announcement will be officially made at our International Connections Reception on March 5, 2020 at the UC Davis International Center’s Multipurpose Room.