Innovation within Changing Political and Research Environments
Given the rapidly changing environments within which international research is conducted, new strategies and practices—ones that are collaborative, transnational, interdisciplinary, provide new knowledge and address global challenges—are more critical than ever.
This two-day International Research Conference at UC Davis, hosted by Global Affairs, combines plenary sessions, small breakout sessions, "TED-style" talks, poster presentations by graduate students, discussions with funding agencies, industry, and community organizations, and opportunities for networking across disciplines and borders. See the full conference program.
- The 2018 International Research Conference at UC Davis is set for Monday, Sept. 17 and Tuesday, Sept. 18.
- An optional pre-conference tour in the Napa Valley is planned for Sunday, Sept. 16.
The 2018 International Research Conference at UC Davis focuses on:
- Changing political environment and its impact on international research
- Increasing importance of networks and consortia in advancing international research
- Role of interdisciplinary or transdisciplinary research in solving global challenges
- Educating the next generation of international researchers
This conference brings together leading international research professionals from across industries, including:
- Higher Education
- Senior International Officers
- Vice Presidents, Vice Chancellors for Research
- Faculty, Researchers and Scientists
- Graduate Students
- Private and Public Funding Agencies
- Industry and Community Organizations
Major outcomes of the 2018 International Research Conference at UC Davis will be both the recognition of and the practical knowledge of how to:
- absorb the new political and financial realities shaping the international research agenda;
- develop and sustain networks, consortia, and other forms of collaborative mechanisms to conduct international research;
- engage in inclusive and interdisciplinary or transdisciplinary approaches;
- educate the next generation of scientists conducting international research; and
- increase collaboration across organizations and partners.
Thank you to our 2018 International Research Conference sponsors.
UC Davis Office of the Provost
UC Davis Office of Research
See sponsorship opportunities for the 2018 International Research Conference.
The conference program, which combines plenary sessions, small breakout sessions, "TED-style" talks, poster presentations by graduate students, discussions with funding agencies, industry, and community organizations, and opportunities for networking across disciplines and borders, is now available online.
The conference is to be hosted at the University of California, Davis, Conference Center, a state-of-the-art complex on campus conveniently located at 550 Alumni Lane, Davis, CA 95616, adjacent to the Hyatt Place Hotel at UC Davis.
Sacramento International Airport is the closest airport to UC Davis, located around 30 minutes away from campus. Uber, Lyft, local cab companies, and the DavisAirporter shuttle service are transportation options. For directions from Sacramento, San Francisco, or Southern California, visit the UC Davis Directions and Parking page.
If you have questions, contact UC Davis Global Affairs at email@example.com.