Emergency Contact Information and Guidance
UC Davis Police Department Dispatch Center
In the event of an emergency abroad, the UC Davis Police Department’s Dispatch Center can be reached 24 hours per day at +1-530-752-1230.
Calls to the UC Davis Police Department Dispatch Center involving international incidents are then routed to UC Davis incident response personnel. If you are calling on behalf of someone else, have as much information about the person(s) involved and/or incident as possible such as:
- The nature of the emergency/incident
- The current condition of the person(s) involved
- The person’s affiliation (e.g., student, staff, faculty, researcher) and department
- Methods/reliability of future communication with the affected individual(s)
If you are traveling on university business and involved in an incident abroad, the emergency contact number for UnitedHealthcare Global is +1-410-453-6330. UnitedHealthcare Global can assist with:
- medical issues;
- legal referral services;
- emergency cash advances;
- translation/interpretation assistance;
- emergency evacuation in the event of an extreme weather, security, or medical event;
- and a number of other critical services.
When contacting UnitedHealthcare Global, identify yourself as affiliated with the University of California, Davis, and have your insurance number ready. Register travel (or book travel via AggieTravel/Connexxus) to receive a UnitedHealthcare Global insurance card via an email from Worldcue® Traveler.
Study Abroad Emergency Contact Information
UC Davis travelers with general travel security questions are encouraged to contact Global Affairs at (530) 752-9543 or email@example.com.