Welcome Back to the UC Davis International Center
- The UC Davis International Center is open to the public.
- Global Affairs staff are working hybrid schedules. Therefore, limited in-person advising services are returning this month, while other services will be virtual.
- Services for International Students and Scholars (SISS) is now open for in-person paperwork drop-off and pick-up, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-4 p.m., Mondays-Fridays.
- Limited in-person advising in SISS returns on Oct. 7, 2021. Virtual advising continues and will also be available throughout the fall quarter.
- Global Learning Hub is now open for walk-in peer advising for students, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Mondays-Fridays. In addition, fall quarter virtual advising is now available.
- Follow campus directives for testing, face coverings, social distancing, and other public health requirements detailed by the UC Davis Campus Ready website.
Global Affairs Staff Return to Campus
Global Affairs staff are returning to offices within the UC Davis International Center, located on the corner of Russell Boulevard and California Avenue. The International Center is now open. This fall quarter, Global Affairs teams will work in a hybrid format, offering limited in-person advising. Other services will be available in a virtual or hybrid format. Global Affairs includes the Office of the Vice Provost and Dean, Academic Programs and Partnerships, Global Learning Hub, Business Operations, and Services for International Students and Scholars (SISS).
Along with the rest of the UC Davis campus, in response to COVID-19, Global Affairs moved services online in March 2020, shifting to email, video conferencing, and other virtual tools to provide its range of offerings and support to students, staff, faculty, and partners. Over the last several weeks, staff members have gradually returned to offices in the International Center in preparation for a return of limited in-person services and the start of the fall quarter. The UC Davis community is asked to follow public health requirements and guidelines from UC Davis Campus Ready in order to access campus and services within the International Center.
Services for International Students and Scholars
- In-person paperwork drop-off and pick-up are available at the front desk in suite 3140 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-4 p.m., Mondays-Fridays. No appointment is required for paperwork drop-off and pick-up.
- Limited in-person advising begins on Oct. 7, 2021, by appointment only.
- Virtual advising remains available and has been extended through the fall quarter. International students and scholars can continue to contact their advisors directly to schedule phone or video conference appointments.
- Visit the SISS website for more information.
Global Learning Hub
- In-person peer advising at the Global Learning Hub in suite 1120 is now available from 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Mondays-Fridays. Students can walk in without an appointment to learn about their global learning options or get answers to their general study abroad enrollment questions.
- Staff advising services are offered both virtually and in person during the fall quarter.
- Visit the Global Learning Hub website for more information.
Beginning this fall, Global Affairs will resume welcoming select in-person visits from international delegations and partners. To schedule a delegation visit, please complete the Visit Interest Form for International Delegations. Please contact Michael Lazzara, associate vice provost of academic programs and partnerships, at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Most events, including the Global Learning Showcase, study abroad info sessions, and SISS Scholar Coffee Breaks, will continue as virtual events this quarter. Other events scheduled for the fall quarter may be planned as in-person gatherings and will be announced in the future. Learn more at the Global Affairs Event Calendar.
- UC Davis Campus Ready
- Travel Updates
- Global Affairs COVID-19 Q&A
- Fall 2021 Planning for International Students and Scholars
- Global Teaching and Learning Resources
- Global Learning Program Updates
About the International Center
The UC Davis International Center is a LEED (Leadership in Engineering and Environmental Design) certified building located on the corner of Russell Blvd and California Ave at 463 California Ave, Davis, CA 95616. The center contains classrooms, administrative offices, and gathering spaces, including a multipurpose room, a large lobby area, and an outdoor courtyard. The International Center is home to UC Davis Global Affairs and its offices and teams. Global Affairs shares the space with Continuing and Professional Education, International.
About Global Affairs
Global Affairs brings the world to UC Davis, welcoming more than 10,000 international students, scholars and leaders, and hosting programs that inspire global curiosity, understanding and engagement. Compelled by the valuable outcomes of thinking globally, we make transformative opportunities a reality by supporting the thousands of students and faculty learning and researching globally—and by facilitating collaborations that tackle the world’s most pressing challenges through more than 150 global partnerships.
Putting our vision of a UC Davis community that engages, thrives, and leads in this interconnected world into action, Global Affairs is in pursuit of an ambitious goal: Global Education for All.