About the Global Affairs SDG Internship
The UC Davis community is confronting global challenges to advance the global good in California and around the world, whether by feeding a growing population, taking action against climate change, eradicating inequalities, advancing health and wellbeing, increasing access to clean water, and more.
In September 2015, the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development was adopted by UN Member States. Central to the Agenda is the set of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which define a plan of action for people, planet and prosperity to be undertaken by all countries until the year 2030. Often using the SDGs as a framework, UC Davis is collaborating with local and global communities to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all.
UC Davis is engaged in research, teaching, and service that contribute to the SDGs and is committed to increasing its contributions to SDGs over the next decade. UC Davis is also committed to creating global learning opportunities for students on campus, domestically, and internationally.
The Global Affairs SDG Internship provides an opportunity for UC Davis undergraduate students to actively contribute to campus engagement with the SDGs, gaining knowledge of organizational strategy, campus, and external coordination, and communications and analytical skills to support this global agenda.
To learn more about our efforts, see UC Davis's engagement with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Developing and implementing strategies to involve students across campus in the SDGs. Liaising with students/groups to build awareness and involvement on SDGs on campus.
- Identifying and cataloging research, teaching, and service activities, supporting the gathering of case studies that demonstrate the impact of SDG work, and assisting with developing metrics and narrative on UC Davis efforts.
- Supporting Global Affairs in communicating with the UC Davis community about SDG work; and disseminating opportunities that relate to one or more SDGs.
- Assisting with the logistics of organizing (currently online) events and meetings on SDGs, including a quarterly SDG Forum for all members of the campus community.
- Collecting good practices from other universities and institutions about organizing SDG efforts.
- Attending meetings and webinars and taking notes.
- Participating in a weekly intern meeting.
- The internship will be offered for one quarter
- For fall quarter, this is being offered as a virtual internship
- 6-8 hours per week
- Receive two credits
- Current UC Davis undergraduate student
- Demonstrated interest in the SDG Agenda and in one or more of the SDGs
- Strong research, writing, and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with data collection and analysis, including with Excel, is preferred
Applications and Deadline
Applications for the fall 2021 internship are now being accepted! Apply by September 20, 2021.
To apply, please submit the following to Tom Rosen-Molina, Global Centers Analyst, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- One-page cover letter explaining your interest in the SDGs and this internship, and highlighting any relevant professional development and volunteer experience
An interview may be conducted with the final candidates.
For more information about future opportunities, connect with us:
- The Global Learning Hub newsletter publishes monthly throughout the academic year. Sign up to receive information about study abroad, community engagement, internships, research, global skills, and leadership.
- Services for International Students and Scholars publishes a monthly newsletter with information and updates relevant to the international members of our UC Davis community. From visa and immigration updates to events and opportunities, sign up to learn more.