Global Affairs Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Internship
In September 2015, the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development was adopted by UN Member States. Central to the Agenda is the set of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which define a plan of action for people, planet, and prosperity to be undertaken by all countries until the year 2030.
UC Davis is engaged in research, teaching, and service that contribute to the SDGs and is committed to increasing its contributions to SDGs over the next decade. UC Davis is also committed to creating global learning opportunities for students on campus, domestically, and internationally.
The Global Affairs SDG Internship provides an opportunity for UC Davis undergraduate students to actively contribute to campus engagement on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), gaining knowledge of organizational strategy, campus and external coordination, and communications and analytical skills to support this global agenda. To learn more about our efforts, see UC Davis's engagement with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
About the Internship
- Developing and implementing strategies to involve students across campus in the SDGs. Liaising with students/groups to build awareness and involvement on SDGs on campus.
- Collecting information on campus, local, regional, and state efforts that contribute to the SDGs.
- Identifying and cataloging research, teaching, and service activities, supporting the gathering of case studies that demonstrate the impact of SDG work, and assisting with developing metrics and narrative on UC Davis efforts.
- Supporting Global Affairs in communicating with the UC Davis community about SDG work and disseminating opportunities related to one or more SDGs.
- Assisting with the preparation and the logistics of organizing (currently online) events and meetings on SDGs.
- Collecting good practices from other universities and institutions about organizing SDG efforts.
- Attending meetings and webinars and taking notes.
- Participating in a weekly intern meeting.
- The internship will be offered in the fall quarter for two credits (6-8 hours/week). Most of the internship hours are completed virtually, with periodic in-person meetings and activities.
- The internship may be extended beyond one quarter on a case-by-case basis, based on Global Affairs needs and the student's interests.
- Current UC Davis undergraduate student
- Demonstrated interest in the 2030 Agenda and one or more SDGs
- Strong research, writing, and communication skills. Experience with data collection and analysis, including with Excel, is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills
To apply, Please submit the following to Jolynn Shoemaker, Director, Global Engagements, Global Affairs at email@example.com:
- One-page cover letter explaining your interest in the SDGs and this internship and highlighting any relevant professional development and volunteer experience
An interview may be conducted with the final candidates.
- Friday, September 16, 2022
For more information about future opportunities, connect with us:
- The Global Learning Hub newsletter publishes monthly throughout the academic year. Sign up to receive information about study abroad, community engagement, internships, research, global skills, and leadership.
- Services for International Students and Scholars publishes a monthly newsletter with information and updates relevant to the international members of our UC Davis community. From visa and immigration updates to events and opportunities, sign up to learn more.