About the Global Affairs SDG Internship
The UC Davis community is confronting global challenges to advance the global good in California and around the world, whether by feeding a growing population, taking action against climate change, eradicating inequalities, advancing health and wellbeing, increasing access to clean water, and more. Often using the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a framework, UC Davis is collaborating with local and global communities to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all.
UC Davis is engaged in research, teaching, and service that contribute to the SDGs and is committed to increasing its contributions to SDGs over the next decade. UC Davis is also committed to creating global learning opportunities for students on campus, domestically, and internationally.
The Global Affairs SDG Internship provides an opportunity for UC Davis undergraduate students to actively contribute to campus engagement with the SDGs, gaining knowledge of organizational strategy, campus, and external coordination, and communications and analytical skills to support this global agenda.
To learn more about our efforts, see UC Davis's engagement with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Participating in a major project in coordination with other units on campus to map UC Davis activities that support each of the SDGs. This will include identifying and cataloging research, teaching, and service activities; supporting the gathering of case studies that demonstrate the impact of SDG work; and assisting with developing metrics and a narrative on UC Davis efforts.
- Managing contact lists pertaining to SDGs, supporting Global Affairs in communicating with the UC Davis community about SDG work, and disseminating opportunities that relate to one or more SDGs
- Assisting with the logistics of organizing (currently online) events and meetings on SDGs, including a quarterly SDG Forum for all members of the campus community
- Liaising with students/groups to build awareness and involvement on SDGs on campus
- Collecting good practices from other universities and institutions about organizing SDG efforts
- The internship will be offered for one quarter
- 6-8 hours per week
- Receive two credits
- Due to COVID-19, this internship is currently offered as a virtual internship
- Current UC Davis undergraduate student
- Demonstrated interest in the SDG Agenda and in one or more of the SDGs
- Strong research, writing, and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with data collection and analysis, including with Excel, is preferred
Applications and Deadline
The position is currently filled. We are not accepting applications at this time.
For more information about future opportunities, connect with us:
- The Global Learning Hub newsletter publishes monthly throughout the academic year. Sign up to receive information about study abroad, community engagement, internships, research, global skills, and leadership.
- Services for International Students and Scholars publishes a monthly newsletter with information and updates relevant to the international members of our UC Davis community. From visa and immigration updates to events and opportunities, sign up to learn more.