In September 2015, the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development was adopted by UN Member States. Central to the Agenda is the set of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which define a plan of action for people, planet and prosperity to be undertaken by all countries until the year 2030.
UC Davis is engaged in research, teaching, and service that contribute to the SDGs and is committed to increasing its contributions to SDGs over the next decade. UC Davis is also committed to creating global learning opportunities for students on campus, domestically, and internationally.
The Global Affairs SDG Internship provides an opportunity for UC Davis undergraduate students to actively contribute to campus engagement on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), gaining knowledge of organizational strategy, campus and external coordination, and communications and analytical skills to support this global agenda. To find out more about our efforts, see UC Davis's engagement with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Participating in a major project in coordination with other units on campus to map UC Davis activities that support each of the SDGs. This will include identifying and cataloging research, teaching, and service activities, supporting the gathering of case studies that demonstrate the impact of SDG work, and assisting with developing metrics and narrative on UC Davis efforts.
- Managing contact lists pertaining to SDGs; supporting Global Affairs in communicating with the UC Davis community about SDG work; and disseminating opportunities that relate to one or more SDGs.
- Assisting with the logistics of organizing (currently online) events and meetings on SDGs, including a quarterly SDG Forum for all members of the campus community.
- Liaising with students/groups to build awareness and involvement on SDGs on campus.
- Collecting good practices from other universities and institutions about organizing SDG efforts.
- The internship will be offered in winter quarter for two credits (6-8 hours/week)
- Due to COVID-19, this is being offered as a virtual internship
- Current UC Davis undergraduate student
- Demonstrated interest in the SDG Agenda and in one or more SDGs
- Strong research, writing, and communication skills. Experience with data collection and analysis, including with Excel, is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills
Please submit the following to Tom Rosen-Molina, Global Centers Analyst, at email@example.com:
- One-page cover letter explaining your interest in the SDGs and this internship, and highlighting any relevant professional development and volunteer experience
An interview will be conducted with final candidates.