Campus Global Theme Design Contest
UC Davis is launching the inaugural Campus Global Theme in 2020 and we need your help creating a design! Submit a suite of materials with a cohesive design to capture the theme of Food for Thought: Feeding Ourselves, Feeding the Planet for your chance to win a $300 Amazon gift card!
About the Campus Global Theme
Call for Designs
- Capture the theme Food for Thought: Feeding Ourselves, Feeding the Planet
- Create a suite of materials with a similar look and feel
- 8in x 10in event flyer with room for event title, date, location, description, and a photo
- 2000px x 460px web banner
- 24in x 36in poster with room for listing 20 events (International Education Week poster example)
- Design must be flexible enough to be used on a calendar, flyers, postcards, web banners, promotional items and other marketing material.
- Preference is for original vector artwork that can be reproduced in a single color print. The design can include multiple colors, but there should be an iteration that we can make into a single color for use on promotional materials. If your primary design includes photography, it must be a minimum of 300 dpi.
- Follows UC Davis standards, which includes the campus colors and campus fonts.
The event flyer and poster must include the following elements:
- Food for Thought: Feeding Ourselves, Feeding the Planet
- Campus Global Theme
- Exciting Event Title (you can make up your own title here, or just use the words "Exciting Event Title" as your placeholder)
- January 1, 2020 (the event date)
- 7:00 p.m. (the event time)
- UC Davis wordmark
- UC Davis Global Affairs wordmark
How to Enter
Files for judging must be submitted as a jpeg, png, or pdf by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. If selected, the winning designer shall provide the original design files that will be distributed to event planners and communicators across campus.
- By participating in this contest, you grant UC Davis permission to use your entire submitted photo/design files and content for design, marketing, advertising and communication purposes. Global Affairs reserves the right to make necessary modifications to the submitted artwork in order to fit into different formats. All submissions will become the property of UC Davis.
- If photography is included, you must have the rights to use the photos or a signed photo release. Photos used from the provided toolkit do not require a photo release.
- The selection committee will be comprised of Global Education for All Campus Steering Committee members, Student Advisory Council members, and UC Davis Millennium Fellows.